Now don’t write off these stats because the source is Royal Pingdom. That site is like BGR (Boy Genius Report) — not credible until recently. Look where Royal Pingdom pulled their stats. ht @percival
ultimate-guide-to-airline-fees.pdf (1995 KB)
View this on posterous
Two dollars for a soda? Ten bucks for an aisle seat? If you’re confused about airline fees, we can help. With our Airline Fees: The Ultimate Guide, you’ll find a one-stop reference chart for every major airline fee from every major domestic carrier.
Best of all, you can download the airline fees chart in PDF format at no charge. Because unlike the airlines, we don’t make you pay for things that ought to be free.
Airline Fees: The Ultimate Guide
Also available: Airline Fees: The Ultimate Guide—Europe Edition and Carry-On Bags: The Ultimate Guide. Download them here.
(Editor’s Note: Airline Fees: The Ultimate Guide was last updated on January 18, 2010.)
Remember how I pissed off the maker of the most disgusting looking homemade sushi mess? Well – surprise! These sushi cupcakes look good enough to eat, serve, and well… show-off. Actually, they are quite phenomenal and as awesome as the iPhone cupcakes.
Vivian of vpennyw made these cupcakes for John – her bf? husband? oh, who cares, these things are EFin amazing and whoever John is, is a very very VERY lucky man.
From her blog:
“Pretty much vanilla and lemon cupcakes and vanilla frosting… then black/green fondant for seaweed… and coconut or white sprinkles for “rice”..
As for the toppings..
Jellybeans for the “eggs” (upper right)
a piece of lemon cake for the Tamago (Egg) Roll (lower Right),
A mini marshmallow, a few sour straws, and pieces of gummy worms for the California Roll, (upper middle),
A cut berry gummy for the Tuna Roll (lower middle),
Cut-up orange gummy slices for the Salmon (upper left)
Cut-up peach gummies for Tuna (middle left)
And Food-color-spray-painted marshmallows for the Shrimp (lower left)…”
A fellow blogger J. Phil, sent this PennyArcade comic during a discussion about Facebook. I like PennyArcade, but due to my severe A.D.D. (self diagnosed), there is way too much small text to read, hence I don’t really follow PennyArcade, and doubt I appreciate it as much as I should. Sorry to all the hard core Penny Arcade fans out there. It’s me. Really.
My point is not PennyArcade or J.Phil, but everytime FUNNY + FACEBOOK are spoken in the same sentence, I think of Twitter (the new way to blog for over caffeinated people like me) and this:
Every. single. time. I see that up there, I laugh out loud. Facebook is expanding, and the more people from my past that add me, the more that Tweet (Tweet is what all the cool kids are calling single Twitter blurbs) is relevant.
NOT that I’ve gotten anyone pregnant. Or been impregnated by someone from my high school. Or planning to invoice someone for an abortion I’ve never had… Shit, I am digging a hole that was never there, so let me STFU – that’s an acronym for Shut. The. Fuck. Up., (just in case).
ANYway, the man makes me laugh. If that Tweet up there isn’t enough to convince you to follow him on Twitter, check this one out:
And if that Montessori Tweet appalled or disgusted you, you might as well disown me now before I say or do something tactless and un-PC that will appall and or disgust you. Because that up there? Is my sense of humor.
Yes, this is TOTALLY my past and future disclaimer. If I ever do or say anything offensive, you better believe I’ll redirect you to this post.
And if all else fails, I’ll just hypnotize you into believing I’m a good person. I can easily get a hypnosis kit on ebay. -just saying. ;)
Whenever I see a little blue or red pill, Matrix, Morpheus, and tight black leather immediately comes to mind, but these suckers (no pun intended) may flip what I know. The Mario mushroom awesomeness is in a set of three and the site description reads they’re mints, but sour…? Which is a tad confusing for me. I’ve never had sour mints before, have you?
Oh well, who cares. It’s 1. Mario related and 2. mushrooms (especially the 1UP mushroom is all sorts of WIN) so even if the candy inside sucks ass, I’d be left with the containers. OH yes.
The three are $11.99 USD. Buy them here.
So. much. awesome.
Will you beam me to NYC, CNN please? :)
Ok, this is an emergency: “HEAD OVER TO GIZ STAT” post. Gizmodo put together a LEGO Mini-fig timeline — with a gallery. I have been mesmerized for the past 15 minutes. Seriously. Jesus Diaz (my FAVORITE Gizmodo writer) is my hero.
Take a look at this (points below)
Follow these tips, and whether it’s your first time or your second time, they’ll make for a better post-coitus experience…
- Act like you’ve been there before – You’ve seen enough movies where the geek gets the girl, in fact those are probably your favorite genre of movie even surpassing comic-book superhero adaptations. High fives and end zone dances are amateurish. Show some class.
- Don’t post video – I know it’s tempting to post the secret webcam video you took of the event when someone asks for proof, but this could result in you being a recently-broken up geek when he or she finds the video. Or the recently-beaten to death geek which would be much worse.
- Stay in bed for at least ten minutes after – The guys in the guild will understand if you’re late for the raid on Blackwing Lair, but you might not get that kind of understanding from your partner.
- Facebook Status – Post-coitus don’t change your Facebook status to “<ME> has recently orgasmed.” You’ve probably friended your mom or your boss or your sister and they really don’t need that information.
- Save the rating for later – No matter how great it was, don’t tell him/her “5 stars. Would boink again!!!!” Save that for the nearly empty private journal you’ve been keeping since high school.
- Waste Disposal – Don’t forget drop the used condom in the Aperture Science Emergency Condom Incinerator before leaving. It takes away the worry about unexpected discovery by a third party, and keeps your room smelling of moldy pizza instead of, well, sex.
- Stop the Science Talk – People don’t want to hear about the biology, physics, or mathematics of what just happened. Save that for your thesis.
So spill. Anyone guilty of one of those offenses?
Don’t worry — your secret’s safe with me. ;)
OMG why didn’t I find this sooner? It’s a Wiki search site in Ajax that uses Google’s API. The search results are displayed column style on the left hand side of the page. The site is self explanatory, so I’ll let the screen grabs do all the talking. Click the thumbnail on the left to see bigger image. Below is a screen grab of an actual search result.
It’s so much easier and simpler to navigate than just WIKIing. Btw, latter is not an actual word, but if Googling is a verb, WIKIing should be, too. And I know “WIKI” shouldn’t be in CAPS but it’s MY blog and I can acronym however I want to, thank you very much! ;)
Anyway, bookmark it. STAT! http://chir.ag/wiki/
This is the very first time Amazon has blown me away.
Just… click: http://windowshop.com/
I’m usually anti-flash, but this is the epitome of a flash site done “right”
- Doesn’t take forever to load.
- Unobtrusive and user friendly.
- Doesn’t automatically resize browser windows.
- No annoying things flashing and music blasting.
- And most importantly — FAST
I am seriously blown away. :)
Not WANT, but NEED!
“On Sept. 13, 1985, Nintendo released Super Mario Brothers for the Nintendo Entertainment System; the game would sell over 40 million copies, and become one of the most popular video games of all time. ” link
“In 2005, Wired magazine mapped out how exactly the Star Wars saga (including innovations from ILM, Skywalker Sound and LucasArts) has influenced pop culture, technology, entertainment companies and more over the years.
There’s an interactive map at Wired.com.
This is so. much. awesome. That is all. :)
ps Thanks, (jeff)isageek