Enough is enough.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t fault anyone for their silences. I mean, how do you respond to something like that? I don’t know either, but sometimes, I can’t help but to wonder: do we (our nation) even care?
Pardon the profanity, but our country is in deep shit. Our educational system – the foundation of this country, is an utter failure.
- San Jose Unified cuts their summer school from 4 weeks to 12 days this year to save money.
- Seattle School system cut their after school programs.
- “Currently 6,000 of the nation’s 95,000 schools are labeled as needing corrective action or restructuring because they have fallen short of testing targets under the federal law. via The SF K Files.
- There are schools in the US that asks parents to equip. their kids with basic supplies ie: toilet paper.
- Detroit has shut down their school libraries for a semester, for example, when there was enough (private) funding to pay $41 million to their NFL draft pick.
…and those are only a few examples from people I correspond with. Google “budget cuts education” and the number of news articles that pull up are ridiculous.
These budget cuts are unacceptable.
Especially, since I learned the United States is tied for first place with Switzerland for annual spending per student on its public schools*. I don’t know about you, but “not enough funding” sounds like a load of crap to me.
How is our failed educational system ok?
Well, it is not. Something MUST be done.
…I just don’t know what (yet).
But enough is enough.