The past few days, I’ve attempted life as a ‘normal person‘. Going out with friends, dates, bars, and today, I even had an ‘average Sunday’ — Sunday brunch, Sunday errands, lazy Sunday in a park, then Sunday coffee with my friends, complete with the Sunday paper.
As I was playing Sudoku, my mind started wandering, and the numbers morphed into icons of various Social Media networking sites I participate in. Then I realized, I may have a problem. I am addicted to the Internet, especially Social Networking Sites. (image via: troller.com, a site randomly found Googling for a visual to add to this post.)
I am signed up for over 20 different services, and the list of new accounts keep growing. Since I’m signed up for an abundance of services, it may seem as though ‘clone’ sites are spawning, but I disagree. It’s quite exciting to see how these ‘clone’ sites integrates and appropriates various features and functions of their predecessors to fit their own formulas. Just like how cars, gadgets, and electronics keep getting ‘better’, I firmly believe Social Networking sites do, as well.
To omit redundancy, I separate everything via purpose of the respective services so I’m not overloaded, overwhelmed, or bored by all these sites. I’ve learned to quickly distinguish which sites I will participate in, or not. Continue reading
Who… What… When… Where… and WHY?!
Perfect for someone like me who always kills plants :\
Last night, SweetCron was released and my friend Sean was one of the first who had it up and running. Go Sean! :)
In a nutshell, SweetCron is free Open Source lifestreaming software. It automatically imports images, videos, and texts, from various websites you’re signed up for, and consolidates them in one place.
So why would you even bother with another one of those sites?
Especially, if you’re on FriendFeed.
Well, I spend 95% of my days at FriendFeed –seriously. I reaaaally don’t need another aggregator. But I do. I’m planning to run SweetCron for a personal website. It would make it easy for my non FriendFeeder friends to keep up with my life, since (as much as I am a devotee), FriendFeed can be overwhelming. There’s tons of conversational threads, random dumpage of information, everything I love about it, my non-internet savvy friends don’t. (I tried getting a few to sign up)
I’m extremely excited about SweetCron since:
- SweetCron is very visual. The RSS feeds pull in media (images, video, etc). To see a live demo, visit the creator Yongfook’s site. His website is powered by SweetCron :)
- It’s for self-hosted sites, meaning I have control of a lot of things. (read: I can choose my own domain name +1!)
- And it’s easy on the eyes. Very simple and self explanatory — both front / back ends, and most importantly, for the users. People can jump on the site and start clicking around :)
Take a look at some of his screen shot videos:
Pretty neat, huh? Just like Dave, I think it’s going to be “pretty Fooking Huge“, too LOL.
Um, now all I need is a domain name. Does anyone have ideas / suggestions?
Ugly pizza…? Branding FAIL or Attention grabbing genius?
* Webmail Notifier connects to your private email account when you can not, and let’s you know what is going on!
* Webmail Notifier works in the background to inform you every time you receive a personal email and even the capacity of unread emails!
* No battery require
* Soft Illuminated Blue, Red, Green indicator
* Webmail Notifier supports : gmail, yahoo, outlook, outlook express, POP3
* Easy operating software
* Powered by USB with 4 feet cables
* Every new mail will be associated with a sound
* Compatible with Windows Vista / XP / 2000
link via here
Are you a Mac or PC person? :)